Friday 1 November 2013

Reflection Week 8

This weeks lecture was e-fied, and it looks at materials adaptation. My position as a future teacher feels that this weeks topic is closely related to what we have faced and are facing now. My experience of adapting materials such as textbooks in both my teaching and learning has made me realise that there were a huge differences depending on who we are looking at the textbook as. In this topic, it made me recall back the experience of teaching History where the same textbook was used as a material for teaching and the fact that I have used the textbook before as a student in my secondary school years. The way the materials is used has given me the idea on the reasons why the materials are created that way. There were certain confusion when reading the articles, whereby, many techniques were included and suggested by quite a few authors, but after reading again and referring to the slide given, the confusion managed to be overcome. I believe that teacher knows best what are their abilities in teaching their students, thus, when evaluating and creating a new materials, teachers views and opinions should be taken into consideration and not to be ignored. Based on my readings, there are many techniques proposed that can be used as a reference in evaluating a materials in order to improve them. Looking at the connection of this weeks tutorial with my knowledge I can say, it is now has been showed clearly. I now understand better on why does certain materials do not work out as expected because it does not meet certain criteria that suits ones learning styles. Therefore, by having to know the techniques in evaluating materials, as a future teacher I can make full use of a given materials to ensure that my students learning opportunity will be maximized.  

No comments:

Post a Comment